My reading goal for 2013 is to read 100 books. Thanks to my participation in The Seasonal Reading Challenge on Goodreads, I am going to reach this goal earlier than anticipated. <the crowd goes wild with cheers>
This Is Basically How it works...
Each season (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) a new challenge with a series of reading related tasks such as Reading a book written by a Goodreads Author or Reading a book and watching the film will be posted. Tasks are based on suggestions from members of the group and my own personal ideas [my = the group's moderator, not me]. Each task is assigned a point level and then it's up to you to decide which tasks you'll attempt (or if you want to try to finish them all) and then find the books that fit. - The Seasonal Reading Challenge
The Summer challenge starts on June 1, 2013. I hope to reach 100 books read and complete all of this season's tasks by August 31, 2013 at midnight EST (the end of the challenge). I think that I can do it With A Little Help From My Friends. I am feverishly working on my reading plan.
Reading friends, I need your help! I need book recommendations!
Please take a look at the Summer Challenge 2013: Tasks and suggest a book for a specific task. Between my library, PaperBackSwap (US-Only), and BookMooch (international), I hope that I will be able to cover most of your recommendations. [I am on a book buying ban until September.]
As a way of thanks, I am running this A Little Help From My Friends Giveaway. Five winners will be randomly selected using entries from the Rafflecopter widget form below.
- One winner will be gifted one A Little Help From My Friends-themed Kindle ebook of his/her choice (via Amazon.com - US) from the Prize A pool.
- In honor of the TSRC 5-point tasks (A Century of Music), four winners will be gifted one MP3 copy of a With A Little Help From My Friends song of their choice (via Amazon.com - US) from the Prize B pool.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Must be at least 16 years old to enter.
- Must be able to accept gifts via email from Amazon.com - US.
- Must respond to winner notification within 48 hours or another winner will be selected.
- To qualify, all giveaway entries must be made using this Rafflecopter widget. To qualify for a giveaway entry via a blog comment, you must confirm your comment entry using this Rafflecopter widget.
One winning entrant will be gifted one of the following Kindle ebooks of his/her choice (via Amazon US).
Links to books on Goodreads:
- A Little Help from My Friends by Anne Dayton
- With a Little Help from My Friends by Elizabeth Fleming
- Southern Reflections with a Little Help from My Friends by Madalyn McKnight Stanford
- A Little Help From My Friends: ...and Other Hilarious Tales of Graying Graciously by Jean Carnahan
- A Little Help from My Friends by Robert Larrison
- With a Little Help From My Friends by J.P. Bowie
Four winning entrants will be gifted one of the following MP3 songs of their choice (via Amazon US).
With A Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles version
With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Crocker version (don't let this image scare you)
With A Little Help From My Friends - Carlos Santana version