Sunday, April 17, 2011

Keira Knightley's Smug Elizabeth Bennet

I liked Keira's observation that each actress who portrays Elizabeth Bennet will bring something different to the role because the actress pulls her own emotions into the character. I think that Keira's portrayal added a certain smugness (and rejection of authority) that I had not seen in other movies.

Keira had an odd sort of action going on with her face (especially her chin and mouth) that added to the smugness ... almost like a snarl at times. It made me laugh - although I am sure that it was not meant to be comical.

I know many people found this version of Elizabeth annoying and unfaithful to the book. However, I thought that the smugness added height to Elizabeth's fall as she realized that she had drawn the wrong conclusions due to both pride and prejudice.

What do you think about Keira's version of Elizabeth Bennet?



 posted on YouTube by KelsiKnightley

No comments:

Post a Comment