Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bout of Books 10: Read-a-thon Sign Up and Goals

Time Devoted to Reading

40 pages a Day

My Goals

Now that the regular television series season is winding down, I am trying to watch some shows that I missed. I have decided to tackle the books surrounding The Returned. It has been adapted into the ABC television show Resurrection.

Amazon's Book Description -

"Harold and Lucille Hargrave's lives have been both joyful and sorrowful in the decades since their eight-year-old son, Jacob, died tragically in 1966. In their old age they've settled comfortably into life without him…. Until one day Jacob mysteriously appears on their doorstep—flesh and blood, still eight years old.

All over the world people's loved ones are returning from beyond. No one knows how or why, whether it's a miracle or a sign of the end. Not even Harold and Lucille can agree on whether the boy is real or a wondrous imitation. But as chaos erupts around the globe, the newly reunited family finds itself at the center of a community on the brink of collapse, forced to navigate a mysterious new reality.

With spare, elegant prose and searing emotional depth, award-winning poet Jason Mott explores timeless questions of faith and morality, love and responsibility. A spellbinding and stunning debut, The Returned is an unforgettable story that marks the arrival of an important new voice in contemporary fiction."

 

Books to Read

    The First by Jason Mott
    The Choice by Jason Mott
    The Sparrow by Jason Mott
    The Returned by Jason Mott

    Updates

    Sunday 

    Number of books I've read today: 1
    Total number of books I've read: 4
    Books: The First by Jason Mott (28 pages), The Choice by Jason Mott (32 pages), The Sparrow by Jason Mott (29 pages), The Returned by Jason Mott (345 pages)

    FINISHED *\o/*

    Mini challenge today: Retitle Your Current Read -- Oh Magic Hour

    If I were going to retitle The Returned, I'd choose:  

    Zombies: Kinda Sorta, But Not Really
    Reunited
    Um, I Thought You Were Dead




    I am a little bummed. Looks like the first Resurrection epsisode available is 104 on both Hulu and ABC. I hate not starting at the beginning. Perhaps they will release the first three episodes again during the summer.


     
    Saturday 

    Number of books I've read today: 0
    Total number of books I've read: 3
    Books: The First by Jason Mott (28 pages), The Choice by Jason Mott (32 pages), The Sparrow by Jason Mott (29 pages)

    I managed to get in one mini challenge today: Show An Author Some Love Bout of Books Challenge



    Friday 

    Number of books I've read today: 0
    Total number of books I've read: 3
    Books: The First by Jason Mott (28 pages), The Choice by Jason Mott (32 pages), The Sparrow by Jason Mott (29 pages)

    I am bummmed that I will not be able to participate in any of the Twitter chats. Those chats are so crazy and fun. Next time...

    Still chugging through The Returned. I am pretty sure that I am going to be able meet my reading goals for this read-a-thon. HUZZAH!


    Thursday 
    Number of books I've read today: 1
    Total number of books I've read: 3
    Books: The First by Jason Mott (28 pages), The Choice by Jason Mott (32 pages), The Sparrow by Jason Mott (29 pages)

    It looks like I am not going to have time to visit other participants this week :-( Next week looks much better so I will try to visit some of you bookish people then. The Sparrow by Jason Mott is free on Amazon right now.

    "In this short story by Jason Mott, author of The Returned, one determined couple seeks to reunite a young girl with the father who thought he had lost her forever…" - Amazon


     
    Wednesday 

    Number of books I've read today: 1
    Total number of books I've read: 2
    Books: The First by Jason Mott (28 pages), The Choice by Jason Mott (32 pages)

    These novellas are working out well. I am making a a little bit of progress each day. Slow and steady wins the race. Ha! The Choice by Jason Mott is free on Amazon right now.

    "In this short story by Jason Mott, author of The Returned, a man is forced to choose between the life he has now, and the one he thought was gone forever…" - Amazon



    Tuesday 

    Number of books I've read today: 1
    Total number of books I've read: 1
    Books: The First by Jason Mott (28 pages)

    I have decided to tackle the books surrounding The Returned which has been adapted into the ABC television show Resurrection. The First is free on Amazon right now.

    "In Jason Mott's haunting and unforgettable debut novel, The Returned, an impossible miracle is occurring all across the globe. Read how it all begins in this short story, The First." - Amazon



    Monday

    Number of books I've read today: 0
    Total number of books I've read: 0
    Books: 0

    I plan to read four books during the read-at-thon. Still deciding on what to read.

    I am going to do everything on one page to simplify things. It is going to be a busy week for me.




    What are you going to read during the bout?



    The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

    Bout of Books

    1 comment: