They say a soul is the immaterial essence, the animating principal, the actuating cause of an individual life.
But what if you had to share yours with the one person you hated the most?
The soul mate principal states that for every one soul there is another that will recognize its match, hence creating the perfect union.
But what if you had two soul mates, which would you choose?
What if your choices had eternal ramification?
Deceived, the debut novel in the Soul Keeper Series, is a modern day love story about the implications of having more than one soul mate, and having to choose between the two of them. The decisions of the gods has left the next generation, their heirs, torn between fate and reality, and the balance of the future hangs in anticipation of what's to come.
Man, it feels good to get my blood pumping.
Sam looked to her left as a quick movement of yellow jotted between the trees.
“No!” A loud masculine voice rang out.
She jerked forward in time to swerve, barely missing the yellow lump lying in the road and instead hitting the curb. She plummeted off the bike, flying through the air and landing in a crouch. Her chest heaved in effort to gain much needed oxygen as all of the blood in her body rushed to its aid.
Her eyes quickly surveyed her surroundings as she cautiously rose. No one was close enough to create the loud protest that was still reverbing in her head. Trying to regain her composure, she worked to make sense of what had happened. I could’ve sworn there was something yellow in the trees. And then it was in the road, right?
She searched the ground finding nothing to support her internal claim.
Ten things you might not know... about me
I always find it interesting when people share a few things about themselves that are seemingly private. We all do, right? Why else would magazines and reality shows do so well in the public opinion? Because people want to see authenticity - even if it shocks us.
Anyway... Here are 10 things about me that seemed fun to share.
1. My mother is a preacher and I lead worship at her church.
2. I can vibrate my eyes. Send $5 to charity, show me the receipt and I'll send you a clip - lies.
3. I've known my husband since I was 6. He was 2. I was cool and hawt and he was dorky and young. Not much has changed besides the fact that he's mine!
4. I'm a songwriter and have put a few clips on YouTube.
5. I passed up a few full-ride scholarships after high school to marry a sailor because he was cute and I was obviously highly intelligent. :-)
6. I am a CPA, or certified public accountant.
7. I'm starting a bookkeeping business this fall with my brother who is a junior in college - his major being accounting.
8. I am working on starting a food truck business next spring, our target market? Drunk people.
9. I would rather read than write, and yet I have too many stories in my skull to sit down for more than a few minutes without twitching.
10. I'm a mermaid. Seriously though... that special on the animal planet over mermaids was creepy. My husband is totally sold that they exist, not that I'm one - not yet at least.
Hope you're taking advantage of all that life has to offer today.
AUTHOR Bio and Links
She is a CPA by trade, a church planter and entrepreneur at heart; however, writing and reading are passions she just can't help but indulge in. With more ideas that one person should be allowed, she is blessed to have a muse that doesn't seem to take a vacation and more energy that one might consider healthy.
Amazon (kindle/paperback): http://www.amazon.com/Deceived-Soul-Keeper-Series-Volume/dp/1500927872/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409578566&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=deceivede+soul+keeper
Prizes for the tour are as follows:
• One randomly chosen winner via rafflecopter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card.
• One randomly chosen host will receive a $25 Amazon/BN.com gift card.
a Rafflecopter giveaway