Monday, May 23, 2011

Which would be nicest? Smidgen of Austen or Bronte

In Chapter 2 (page 24):
[Rose] "How I wish I lived in a Jane Austen novel!"
[Cassandra] I said I'd rather be in a Charlotte Bronte.
[Rose] "Which would be nicest - Jane with a touch of Charlotte, or Charlotte with a touch of Jane?"


What do you think? 80% Austen and 20% Bronte?

I have NO clue. I have never read any of the Bronte sisters' works (unless I blocked them from high school memories). I am adding them to my TBR list. I have quite a referenced list of literature to read from this book (see I am Grigg!). SMH.


Literature
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 
As You Like It (The New Folger Library Shakespeare) by William Shakespeare
Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen
What Maisie Knew (Penguin Classics) by Henry James
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
War and Peace (Wordsworth Classics) (Wadsworth Collection) by Leo Tolstoy
The Letters of Abelard and Heloise by Peter Abelard and Heloise
Vanity Fair (Barnes & Noble Classics) by William Makepeace Thackeray
A la recherche du temps perdu (French Edition) by Marcel Proust
The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales (Signet Classics) by Edgar Allan Poe


Music
Debussy: Images 1 & 2; Children's Corner by Claude Debussy
Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy
Preludes, Book 1: No. 10. La cathedrale engloutie by Claude Debussy
Préludes, Book 2: 7. La terrasse des audiences au clair de lune by Claude Debussy
Sheep May Safely Graze by Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment