Saturday, June 25, 2011

SMH. The Birth of My Acapcolist Quest

During a drive to the library, I started thinking about what I wanted to accomplish for the summer. Being that this is the first week of summer and all. Just as I was about to turn off the car,  Nickelback's song, If Today Were Your Last Day (from their Dark Horse album), started playing on the radio (see the music video on YouTube.com). I started shaking my head, recalling my reaction to the "Save the Date/Return of Christ" campaign. In case you need a refresher, read The Daily News post by Kevin Modesti -  Billboards across the Valley trumpet Judgment Day.


Sadly, the sum of my reaction was essentially zero. On May 21, 2011 at 5:00 pm, I was sitting on a porch with my dad. If you'll recall, the drama was to start at 6:00 pm that day. It hit me that I hadn't prepared for the start of the end. Although I didn't believe the hype, I realized that I wasn't quite as prepared for the world's downfall if it was true.

According to Harold Camping and his Family Radio show, Judgement Day was to be on October 21, 2011. Right around the corner. I shrugged off the notion and I suggested that we go get a margarita. I actually ended up watching TV Land reruns with my mom because the trip to the restaurant was too much effort. <big sigh>

Guy Kawasaki and Steven Pressfield should have smacked my palms with rulers! Did I learn nothing from reading The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything and The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles

For Petey's sake and my own, I need to get right and ready in more ways than one! After recently watching 2012 and The Bucket List, I ready to commit to a program.

Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment