Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon: Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge



For Cover2CoverBlog's mini challenge, Stephanie asked and I answered...


1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.

And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (May 21, 2013)




2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good thing?

I really enjoyed Hosseini's The Kite Runner and it's movie adaptation.

 


The Kite Runner celebrated its tenth anniversary earlier this year. If I had the time, I would read the 10th anniversary paperback (Riverhead) that includes a new foreword by author Khaled Hosseini.



Check out 'Kite Runner' celebrates 10th anniversary - Book Buzz | USA Today


3. and lastly, If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?


I would like to dine in a supper club with jazz singer Shug Avery from The Color Purple (by Alice Walker). Shug is a series of fascinating contradictions.




I loved Margaret Avery's musical performances as Shug in the movie adaptation. Check out the movie trailer.




After dessert, Shug and I would "jump up" with the house band and jam the night away. Of course, I would be lip syncing and wearing a shiny red dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment