Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Is "The Hunger Games" Casting Giving You a Tummy Ache?

I just recently started reading "The Hunger Games" series. After reading the first book, I figured that it would be made into a movie since it is a YA book that appeals across ages much like Twillight (see press release for story details). I really enjoyed it and plan on reading the other books in the series.


Yesterday,  Lionsgate and its posse announced that actor Josh Hutcherson (see the movie The Kids Are All Right) has been cast in the role of Peeta Mellark and Liam Hemsworth (see the movie The Last Song) has been cast in the role of Gale Hawthorne. Mark your calendars. The Hunger Games movie will be released on March 23, 2012.

It appears that folks are already upset about the casting. Check out "Fans split on Josh Hutcherson as Peeta in 'The Hunger Games'" (via @latimesbooks). I must admit that I am puzzled about the casting too.

However, I am not as annoyed by the choices as I was with the Stephanie Plum casting. I think it is because I have less time invested in The Hunger Games. After reading 15+ Stephanie Plum books, I kinda had the characters appearances on lock. With only one book read towards The Hunger Games, I am not quite as picky. LOL! As if Hollyood cares about my casting short list. I care about what you think.

Who would you cast in the leading roles of The Hunger Games movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment